Sunday, October 9, 2016

Fiber, The Other 'F' Word

When you are tracking macros it is not enough to just, 'hit your numbers.' Yes, you can meet your carb goal with rice, pop-tarts, low-fat ice cream and green beans, but are you getting your fiber in that way? You have to pay attention to the fiber number as well! I tell my clients to prioritize fiber first, then add in fun foods like pop-tarts and ice cream. This ensures that the system runs smoothly and that you are getting a variety of micronutrients and phytochemicals that are only found in vegetables and fruits.

Jason struggled a bit with hitting his fiber goal, but once he added in some fresh veggies, raspberries, chia seeds, oats, etc. he excitedly sent me this screen shot! Nailed it!


Stay Strong Y'all!

Hey, I know you may not know me that well, but can I ask you to do something for me? Do me a favor and subscribe to my email list. Not only will you be able to keep up with all my random thoughts, I'll send you my weekly planner printable!


And if you are hip on the social media, 

Follow me on Facebook at Angie McCord, Fitness, Nutrition and Life Improvement.

Follow me out on Instagram, I'm doodleturtle. I'm even more random fun over at IG!


No comments:

Post a Comment