Thursday, September 14, 2017

Don't Be A Food Pusher! I'm Looking At You Jenna Bush Hager

File under 'Things That Annoy Me'



This morning I was watching the Today Show as I cleaned house and fixed breakfast and caught the tale end of a segment that I believe was about pumpkin spice flavored products. The co-hosts were sitting at the table with an assortment of pumpkin spice flavored foods and Jenna Bush Hager was really enjoying the M&M's. She started asking Al Roker to "just try one" and he kept declining. Then the whole group started harassing Al to eat an M&M. Somewhere in all the talking I heard that Al doesn't like pumpkin spice. Period. He is a grown man who knows what he likes and doesn't like. He is also a grown man that has fought courageously to get his weight down and to improve his health.

I'm pretty sure that he chooses how he spends his daily calories wisely. Why in the world would he want to give some of them up on something that he knows he won't like? Why can his co-hosts not respect that?

'Just have one!"

'It won't hurt you!'

People! If someone declines a treat, accept it and move on! Don't be a food pusher! If you want to eat it, then go HAM on it and enjoy it! If someone else doesn't want it, leave them alone. More for you, right?

This segment just really bothered me this morning because so many people are put in that situation every day. They are trying to make healthy choices and the people in their lives constantly try to sabotage their efforts. I felt so bad for Al Roker as he just sat there calmly shaking his head and saying no. I guess it made for good television, but it was rude in my opinion.

Stay Strong Y'all!

I just updated my "Affiliates I Love" page, check it out!
And if you are hip on the social
media, 
 Follow me on Facebook at Angie McCord,
Fitness, Nutrition and Life Improvement.
Follow me out on Instagram, I'm doodleturtle. I'm even more random fun over at IG!

No comments:

Post a Comment