Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Setting The Theme For Your 2016





Hey y'all! 

How was your Thanksgiving? We've had a blast camping over this long weekend and I've been able to do some much needed brain dumping and relaxing!

One of those much needed brain dumps was to sit down and assemble my 2016 planner and start planning how to make my 2016 the best it can be. 

Even though it's only the end of November, it's not too early to start planning for 2016.

The first thing I'm going to do for 2016 is to come up with a theme. This is a word or a phrase that sets the tone for the year and guides your decisions for 2016. 

Maybe your theme word could be "Yes". Anything presented to you in 2016 you are going to fully embrace with a "yes". You aren't going to be afraid to say yes to things that scare you and you're going to walk through any open door. You aren't going to turn away from things that challenge you!

Maybe your theme could be the opposite and your 2016 could be the year of "No". Are you one of those people that take on too much and are always stressed and burnt out? Learn to say no! In 2016 you could consider offers and opportunities from the vantage point of how they affect you, rather than other people, and say no to  some things. When you say no to something that is going to stress you out and make your life more difficult, you are saying yes to yourself. 

Could your word be "Inspiration?" You could find people that inspire you and learn from them. You could read inspiring books and go to events that uplift you. Maybe you could set out to inspire other people in 2016!

How about "Breathe?" We all feel rushed and harried from time to time, the mantra of breathe could calm us all down. It might encourage us to take a yoga class or book monthly massages. It might help us plan a relaxing trip with our significant other or friends. Deep breathe, exhale, and let 2016 be the year of breathe.

If that's a little hooey-fooey for you, maybe you need to go to the other end of the spectrum and make 2016 the year of adventure! I think that's going to be at least one of my themes for the upcoming year and it could develop into a lot of different things. If I set every day's intention to look for adventure, what fun I could have! 

I think adventure is a great theme because we all work. We chase the kids. We feed the dog. We wash the car. We do paperwork. We go to school. We clean the house. We get caught up in the monotony of day to day life and we lose our sense of adventure

Your theme could be any word or  phrase.

Be kind.
Love yourself.
Give in abundance.
Strong.
Powerful.
Gratitude.


Spend sometime between now and December 31 to decide what you want your 2016 to look like. You start laying the steps for an amazing year right now. You don't want to wake up and it be August of 2016 and realize you're not sure where your year went.

The next step, after deciding on your theme, is to decide on your goals! I'll address how to decide those in a future post, so stay tuned! 

To help you to help you with all of this, I'm creating a 2016 Dream Year Goal Setter printable to help you create the best year ever! Only those that subscribe to my newsletter will get it, so make sure you are on that list! Click subscribe now to get on my list (you know if you don't do it now, you'll get busy and forget, so click that little link). Be watching you inbox for the 2016 Dream Year Goal Setter printable soon!


Stay Strong Y'all!

Hey, I know you may not know me that well, but can I ask you to do something for me? An early Christmas gift if you will? Do  me a favor and subscribe to my email list. Not only will you be able to keep up with all my random thoughts, I'll send you my weekly planner printable!

And if you are hip on the social media, 

Follow me me on Periscope, I'm crossfitang.  I broadcast about fitness, nutrition, life improvement, planning and organizing and lots of random stuff.

Follow me out on Instagram, I'm doodleturtle. Even more fun over at IG!

Linked up over at...

Dolen Diariesgrab button for The Fit Foodie Mama

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the idea of coming up with a theme word or phrase for the new year!!!! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Last year I focused on eliminated negative words and this year I decided to flip it around and focus on positive ones!

      Delete
  2. This is a great idea! I think my word is going to be Positivity!

    ReplyDelete