Thursday, April 13, 2017

Sorry, It Ain't Water!


I love soda, coffee, sweet tea and energy drinks. I love them like Brick loves lamp.

But I know that water is best, so I drink at least a gallon a day and then sneak a few treats in occasionally.

Wait, who am I kidding. It’s coffee every morning. That is  non-negotiable.

But sometimes water gets boring. Sometimes I miss that carbonation burn.

Have you jumped on the La Croix train? Well, I’m too cheap for La Croix, so I decided to try the Kroger brand seltzer water. Seltzer water is just water with some carbonation added. 

 Y’all, it’s nasty. Not the Kroger brand per se, but seltzer water in general. Who’s idea was this?

It tastes like really bad medicine.

It reminds me of the first time I tried beer. Really, who drinks their first beer and says “DELICIOUS!”

No one. It’s an acquired taste for sure. So I’m hoping this seltzer water will grow on me. I mean, I love a good beer now, so there’s hope, right?

Anyway, the point of this post is not how nasty seltzer water is. The point is that you have to be careful when shopping for water. Seltzer water is water.

But not all water is water.

While I was perusing the Kroger aisle looking at flavored waters, I spotted this.





To someone who doesn’t like water, but is trying to increase their water intake, it looks really tempting, doesn’t it?

But look closely. It’s not water. It’s a “water beverage”. Look at the ingredients. Do they look familiar?




Y’all. It’s not water. It’s basically Sprite Zero. Almost identical ingredients!


Sprite Zero Lemon Lime
Kroger Strawberry Water Beverage
Carbonated Water
X
X
Citric Acid
X
X
Potassium Citrate
X
X
Natural Flavors
X
X
Potassium Benzoate
X
X
Aspartame
X

Acesulfame Potassium
X
X
Malic Acid

X
Sucralose

X
Neotame

X

 I’m not saying there is anything wrong with an occasional Sprite Zero, but please don’t think you are drinking water when you are drinking a soda. Share this with anyone trying to drink more water so they don’t fall into this marketing trap.

Shame on Kroger for marketing this product this way!


Stay Strong Y'all!


I just updated my "Affiliates I Love" page, check it out!


And if you are hip on the social media, 

Follow me on Facebook at Angie McCord, Fitness, Nutrition and Life Improvement.
Follow me out on Instagram, I'm doodleturtle. I'm even more random fun over at IG!


No comments:

Post a Comment