Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day Murph


As a coach today, I was proud to see so many of our athletes give up their holiday time to honor those servicemen and women who gave the ultimate sacrifice. If you aren't familiar with CrossFit, most boxes complete the workout Murph on Memorial Day. Murph is in honor of Lt. Michael Murphy and is a 1 mile run, 100 pull ups, 200 push ups and 300 squats followed by another 1 mile run. If you have a 20 pound weight vest you are encouraged to wear it. 
60+ athletes completed the challenging WOD (workout of the day)




Many of them more weighted vests!





Coach Sam did the entire WOD in his Sheriff gear! That is tough!




I didn't wear a weight vest this year because I've learned not to let my ego get me in trouble! With my focus being on weightlifting the last few months, 100 pull ups and 200 push ups would be challenging, no need for an extra 20! (I'm not a fan of rhabdo!) This was my first time to do Murph and ACTUALLY RUN both miles! NO WALKING! I have no idea where that came from, but YAY!


So happy to have my CFM Family!




























No comments:

Post a Comment