Thursday, October 29, 2015

What's the point?

10/29/2015 
9:28 AM

I started this blog as a way to express all the random thoughts that popped into my head. It was an outlet to assure myself (and others) that we weren't alone in being weirdos. 

During training for the big meets I did this year, it helped me stay grounded and focused. 

And then when I stepped back from competing, I was just done with everything. I felt like this blog had to be something amazing and epic, and I was not willing to put in the energy to be amazing or epic. So I quit writing because I felt like if it didn't have all the quality points of a great blog post, then why bother? 

What's the point? 

The point is it saves my sanity to word vomit sometimes!

I'm here today to tell you I'm committing to writing every day for the month of November. It may awesome. It may be sporadic and barely edited. It may be boring as hell. But I'm writing. Err day. 

By the end of the year, I plan on also having all of this transferred over to a real website! I obtained the domain a long time ago, but just didn't have the energy to move it all. 

I'm looking forward to a few big things coming up soon. The first is MSU's production of The Rocky Horror Picture Show Halloween night! My daughter is going to play Columbia. 

Next week I have two speaking engagements that I'm really excited about! The first is speaking at MSU about owning a fitness related business and then later in the week I'll be at Flex Fitness talking nutrition. Come see me if you are nearby!

11:39 AM
Huh. What I thought were shadows on the carpeted staircase was actually dirt. I'm great with organizing, terrible with cleaning. I need a housekeeper. 

Stay strong y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment