Friday, June 26, 2015

Random update on my life shenanigens

Hey there folks!

I'm embarrassed that I haven't been on here in awhile, but this is a hobby and sometimes other things come first. This is going to be a complete off the top of my head ramble so brace yourself.

I woke up this morning before 6 AM for some unknown reason. Steroids maybe? More on that later, lol. The good news to waking up early is that you can tackle your to-do list or at least get a head start on it. 

I keep a very short non-negotiable "To-Do Today" everyday and then I keep another list entitled "To-Do Eventually." I purposefully kept today's list short so that I could get it done and enjoy the rest of my day.

Today's list has two things on it. Answer all the emails that came in Thurs and Fri and finish my weekly reading for my nutrition certification. Because I woke up at dawn, the emails are done! Nothing makes me feel as calm and as peaceful as a clean inbox. Seriously. (UPDATE- While typing two emails came in. Haha! Let it go....Let it go....)

And the reading can get finished today while I am lounging on the boat this afternoon. I EARNED this lake day baby!

Yesterday was hella busy in a fabulous way!  I coached morning, lunch and afternoon classes, I had an eye doctor appointment 30 minutes away in the middle of the morning, a new nutrition client phone consult, one of our youth lifters was competing at the USA Weightlifting National Youth Championships in Minneanapolis, MN and I was helping him watch his food before weigh-in (he won SILVER!!) and it was opening night of the play my daughter was directing in a nearby town. And I had about two hours of training myself to cram in! Oh! And I had a Tupperware order to get in and close by midnight in order to get all my June sales in (did it, made my goal, earned a bonus, woot woot!)

And as I laid in bed last night looking over the day I thought HOW FRICKIN AWESOME IS MY LIFE?! I get to help other people do awesome things with their lives and at the same time do awesome things with my own!

But let's go back a week ago and fill in some details of why I've not blogged lately. 

Last Friday night as I was chowing down on my Taco Bell on the way home, (what? You don't think a coach eats the Bell? Ha! 5 nights out of 7 baby!) I noticed my teeth felt weird. Like that feeling when you've just had your braces tightened and they are feeling pressured and itchy. 

I didn't think too much of it and figured I was starting to get a sinus infection or something. That night I woke up in the middle of the night with my mouth hurting. Bad. 

(Insert FB status here)

I took some Advilr and finally fell back asleep. The next morning it was still bad and we had our Battle of the Boxes competition at the gym so I just ate some more Advil and did my best to ignore it. 

That night at home I was crying in pain. I have never taken pain meds except when I had my daughter via c-section 20 years ago, but I damn near overdosed probably that night on Lortabs! 

Sunday morning I woke up with the whole right side of my face swollen up. J said I was, "growing a snout". LOL, nope! Abcessed tooth. Thankfully I got it taken care of and am healing up nicely. But it was NOT FUN!

Hope y'all have been doing much better!

Stay strong y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment