Saturday, November 14, 2015

Quantity Vs Quality

My November goal was to blog every day.

I didn't blog yesterday.

Oops.

It's not that I didn't remember to do it, it's just that I didn't have anything profound to say. So I made the executive decision to not say anything at all.

Which led me to mull over the question of quantity vs quality.

In Blogging

Most bloggers and internet entrepreneurs tell conflicting stories. One will tell you it's all about volume at first so that you have content and credibility. Another one will tell you that it's both. You have to put out a lot of really good content. And others will tell you it's about really great content and to not waste readers' time.

For this November goal, I was going to try to do both. But I just wasn't feeling it yesterday and didn't want to waste bandwidth ranting about people that turn left from the go right lane. Or jabbering about how banded back squats can kill you. They can. I almost died yesterday. Thanks J for saving me!

I could have written about the lovely play my daughter was in last night, A Permanent Signal. It was really good and she (as usual) was amazing! As she gets older, the quality of the productions she is in keeps improving and becoming more and more enjoyable. I don't know why I didn't go ahead last night and write about that, but I think I had subconsciously decided to not write already.

The final decision then, is that for November, quantity may trump quality. I'll share the good ones and quietly hit "publish" on the meh ones. After that, we will see!

In Food

I struggle with this one! I'm a grazer and a half and I love to just eat and eat and eat! I love gas station food and Taco Bell, so obviously I'm not a quality snob! I think quantity wins on this one, though I do try to eat high quality in large quantities as well!

 I like to partition my macros so that I get the most amount of food, think small portions, multiple times. A few ounces of chicken and veggies here. A handful of nuts and raisins there. A little bowl of oatmeal and bananas.

When you watch the cooking shows and they present their "entree" to the judges and it is one jumbo shrimp on a quarter cup of polenta with two green beans, I'm like, "What the hell?!"  I get that it is high quality foo-foo food, but if I'm paying $$$$ you better flippin' bring me more than what I can cram in my mouth at one time!


Since I got to pondering this QvQ thing, I've come up with other areas you could apply it to, so stay tuned to part 2!

Stay Strong Y'all!






No comments:

Post a Comment