Wednesday, November 18, 2015

What I Ate Wednesday AND it's my 100th blog post!

As a nutrition coach, you might think that I eat only raw, organic, free-range tofu.

But you'd be way wrong.

I eat based on a few principles.

  • Hit my protein gram goal.
  • Hit my carb gram goal.
  • Hit my fat gram goal. 
  • Hit my fiber goal.
  • Get most of my micro nutrients from meat, veggies and fruit.
  • Supplement with a multi vitamin and fish oil. 
  • Eat fun stuff after all that.

If I'm cutting for a weightlifting meet, I'm very, very strict. If I'm just living life, I'm fairly strict, but I enjoy more freedom to wiggle with the macros. 

So in honor of #WIAW (What I Ate Wednesday), here's my day, no holds barred!

Breakfast #1
It doesn't look amazing, but it tastes pretty darn good! It's 30 grams oatmeal, 5 grams chia seeds, 5 grams of flax, 60 grams pumpkin, 10 grams raisins, 8 grams crunchy peanut butter, 1 scoop Progenex Belgian Chocolate More Muscle. Oh, and because I have a problem, the oatmeal was made with a bit of coffee (errrr....or a lot of coffee). 

Breakfast #2
Quest S'more Bar and two S'more Candy Corns. Because, yum. 

BCAA's & Creatine

One bag of California Blend Veggies, 40 grams Libby's Pumpkin, 3 ounces chicken breast & siracha. I don't normally pumpkin it up like crazy, but once you open a can, you have to eat it!

Pre-Workout #2 Snack
1/4 Cliff Bar and a few milk chocolate chips

Afternoon Snack/Post Workout/Lunch 2
Starkist Tuna Creations Pouch and a banana

Taco Bell Chicken Cantina Power Bowl. Sorry the picture is horrible, I was in the truck, in the dark and they got a little heavy with the Cilantro Ranch Sauce. If you haven't had one of these, they are AWESOME! Chicken, rice, black beans, lettuce, tomato, cheese, quacamole and cilantro ranch. It also comes with sour cream, but I don't like sour cream. 

Evening Snack Part 1
Hard boiled egg

Evening Snack Part 2
24 grams Kroger Natural Chunky Peanut Butter, 10 grams of raisins and sprinkles.

From a previous post, you may already know I have a drinking problem. No, not that kind! I just REALLY like caffeine and diet soda. It's a vice and one I may have to contend with soon. In the spirit of transparency, here's what I drank today. 

2 cups coffee
1 Absolute Zero Monster
1 32 oz Dt. Dew
1 large McDonald's Dt. Sweet Tea
1 gallon of water (yes, an entire gallon)
1 cup decaff

So there you go. That's my day. And that is pretty much every day as I don't like to cook.

OH WAIT! I just discovered this is my 100th blog post! I would say 80% has been complete rambling on my part, but the other 20% was/is some high quality, informative reading! I'm looking forward to continuing this little project and have some awesome ideas for down the road!

Stay Strong Y'all!

Do me a favor and subscribe to my email list. 

Not only will you be able to keep up with all my random thoughts, I'll send you my weekly planner printable! 


No comments:

Post a Comment