Friday, July 24, 2015

18 days out...

7.24.15
BW 53.7

I'm 18 days out from the International Weightlifting Federation's Masters World Cup and I'm having déjà vu.

I can't hit my snatches.

My jerks suck.

I'm so damn hungry.

I'm crying.

Jeremy has my snot and tears on his shirt.

I'm thinking of pulling out of the meet.

I'm so damn hungry.


And I remember feeling this way before the Arnold too, so I guess this means I'm right where I'm supposed to be. 

At this exact moment I'm staring at a barbell I should be able to lift easily. Let's see....

Well, it was a CrossFit-make, but really it would have been three red. 

Going up in weight anyway. 

I read an article about positive self talk on the platform and asking yourself, "Why can I make this?"  I'm thinking that over right now. (I'll add the link in later). 

Because I've trained for it.
Because my technique is much better than it was.
Because I'm strong.

Here we go. 

A judge with a 7 year old glasses prescription would have given me a white light. 

Going up. 

Because I've worked my ass off for this.
Because I want it.
Because I want to make my family and gym proud. 

Here we go.


(What you can't hear is me saying, "I think I'm gonna pass out. No. Really." after I stand up. )


On that note, I'm going to stop because I have to coach the 3:30 class. I'll finish my lifting at 4:30 and 6:30. And try to not think about food. 

Stay strong y'all!

Do me a favor and subscribe to my email list so that you can keep up with all my random thoughts! I promise not to spam you or sell your information! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment