Tuesday, August 4, 2015

8 days! Goals and apps!

8.4.15 
BW 52.1


Life




Update on this week's goals. If you missed them, look here.

1)  I did it! I got up a bit before 8 and didn't look at email or social media until about 10:15. It was very uncomfortable. I kept reaching for my phone to check my email for fear that the world might have fallen apart overnight. When I did check it, there was really nothing at all too important. I'm hoping this habit will get easier and I will feel more comfortable. Have any of you tried to reclaim your morning?

2) I did about 10 minutes of chest opening work last night before bed. Not as much as I wanted to do, but sleep called!

What goals have you set for this week? How are you doing on them? What can you do right now to achieve them?

Training

Best part about training today was realizing how blessed I am to be able to be in my own shop, with my husband, at our house, doing something together that we both love. 

And hitting my snatch PR twice!! Didn't hit a new PR, but it's coming!

Best thing I came across today:









This is an app that allows you to get all the updates on your favorite blogs in one convenient place. Instead of having to go to each site individually, this puts them all together in one neat feed. There were a couple of blogs I follow that I couldn't find in Bloglovin', but the majority were there. And for the ones I couldn't find, there is an "add" option where you just type the address and they review it and then approve it. When I got ready to peruse my favorite blogs today, I was happy I had installed this app! And it's free!








Are you doing back to school shopping?? Saturday I talked a bit about Receipt Hog, and I wanted to let you know that I'm addicted and you should give me all your receipts. All you do is take pictures of your grocery receipt and you earn "coins" from Receipt Hog. Then you can trade in those coins for Amazon cash or Paypal cash. Of course, it will take a bit to accumulate enough coins to cash in, but it takes 30 seconds total to upload a receipt before you throw it away or file it. Any receipt except restaurants or gas stations work. Clothing stores, grocery stores, dollar stores, sporting goods, etc. If you submit receipts regularly, you can earn spins at the “Hog Slots” slot machine, where you can win more money or even have your entire shopping trip paid for! It’s fun, it’s easy, and it’s free. If you don't want to just give me your receipts, you should probably sign up yourself.  Plus, if you use this referral code, we’ll both get extra spins at the Hog Slots when you submit your first receipt: zunt1853




Stay strong y'all!



Do me a favor and subscribe to my email list. Not only will you be able to keep up with all my random thoughts, you'll get first notice when I finish this really cool project I am working on! I promise not to spam you or sell your information! 

This project is one that I hope will enrich your life! It's taking a lot of things I've learned through the years and boiling them down into quickly digestible truths. 


Proudly linked up at















2 comments:

  1. I wake up at 6:30 and try not to look at email until I get to work at 9:30. It doesn't always work out as planned, but I'm always much more relaxed and focused on my workouts when I don't check email first.
    Also, how did you not know about Bloglovin'?! That's my jam! Definitely looking into Receipt Hog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I have no idea how I missed it until now! But I'm so glad I found it! And Receipt Hog is like crack! I'm literally looking on the ground for receipts! Haha! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete