Friday, August 28, 2015

It's a good day!

8.28.15


Life

Awhile back I talked about how I was renaming my anxiety as excitement. What a difference that has made! I have so many ideas and things I want to do that I feel a level of stress quite often that is annoying. But realizing now that it's really not anxiety (worry), that it is excitement about all these crazy goals and ideas make it a more positive stress.  For example, I woke up Sunday in a great mood and did my normal morning routine. Get up, get coffee, set outside and read. Since I'm reading some really inspiring and life changing books lately, my mind automatically goes into over drive and I am stimulated with a feeling of "go go go go!" Before, I would have read this as anxiety that I'm not doing enough, working hard enough, making enough money, etc. Now I just tell myself how blessed I am by all the possibilities in front of me. I remind myself that I don't have to do anything. I am choosing everything.

Without going into details, many of you remember that on the way to St. Louis for Regionals I got some really bad news of a family member's cancer diagnosis. Everything about that situation is looking up and hopefully, is completely over. Thank you all for you thoughts and prayers!

Training

I feel like my CrossFit engine is coming back! Training two-a-days is starting to feel normal and my body is cooperating pretty well. We've been running a lot, which is not something I normally enjoy, but I'm learning to embrace it. 

This week we racked up over 8 miles in various time/ speed domains. Hello calves and feet! 

Here's an idea of a track workout we did.

4x400 with a 3 minute rest between
3x300 with 2 minute rest between
2x200 with a 1 minutes rest between
5x100 with a 30 second rest between

And then lots and lots of lifting, pull ups, muscle ups, handstand push ups, squats...you know..just the usual general physical preparedness stuff.


I randomly decided I wanted to learn to throw a tuck.
I'll have it by the end of the year.


Best Thing I Came Across Lately


Tick Tock, Tick Tock

More interesting to us, elevated cortisol also skews time perception – making us feel as though we’re always behind schedule and time is always running out. As T.S. Wiley and Bent Formy, authors of Lights Out: Sleep, Sugar and Survival write, “Chronic high cortisol… makes you feel chronically rushed.  It’s the altered time perception that fosters much of the late-night stalling before bed, while you stay up under the impression that there must be more to do or that you haven’t finished your work.”  So it’s like the worst kind of chicken/egg – we are stressed because we think we’re behind schedule, but we think we’re behind schedule because we are stressed. Brutal.
                                                                 From Stress Addicts Anonymous

OMG this article is on point. If you constantly feel, stressed, busy and on a tight schedule, maybe you are a stress addict.


Stay Strong Y'all!

Do me a favor and subscribe to my email list. 

Not only will you be able to keep up with all my random thoughts, I'll send you my weekly planner printable! 


No comments:

Post a Comment